So I am a huge fan of the fit and function of Bell helmets. A long while back I saw some spy shots of this helmet and I knew it was going to be a winner. We sell both Bell and Giro but I have always thought that bell offered more for the money as well as a better fit. This helmet continues that trend.
This year the volt comes with a visor. So it is basically both a road and MT helmet in one.
Stop by and try it on.
There are a LOT of good color choices and a very good fit.
Here is the data:
Bell strikes with electromotive force this summer debuting the all-new Volt, an amazing combination of massive ventilation, svelte weight, and high-tech comfort. Eleven frontal vents corral massive amounts of air with the help of the Volt’s custom-sculpted Composite Fiber Intakes™ (CFI) which direct flow to the helmet’s internal StreamJet Ventilation™ channels. Rearward exhaust ports and the moisture-wicking X-Static™ padding work in tandem to help keep the rider cool and dry. The Volt is made even more comfortable by Bell’s next-generation Twin Axis Gear™ (TAG) fit system that allows riders to both dial in the exact fit, as well as adjust the mechanism’s horizontal position on the back of the head. Designed to be used on- or off-road, the Volt features Bell’s removable Variable Position Visor™ (VPV) and will debut simultaneously at the 2008 Tour de France and on the World Cup XC mountain bike circuit.
SIZES: Small: 51-55 cm, Medium: 55-59 cm, Large: 59-63 cm
COLORS: Black/Carbon; Silver/White; Red/White; Blue/White; Team CSC Limited Edition; Team Credit Agricole Limited Edition
WEIGHT: 280 grams – 9.9 oz (estimated)
VENTS: 22 (11 front, 11 back)
– Fusion™ In-Mold Microshell bonds EPS foam to shell for durability
– CFI™ composite construction directs airflow and reinforces helmet
– TAG™ Fit System allows riders to both dial in the exact fit in two directions
– VPV™ Visor is adjustable and removable for on- or off-road use
– Thermodynamic X-Static™ Padding is quick-drying and anti-microbial
– Internal Reinforcement cage fortifies helmet like rebar in concrete
– StreamJet Ventilation™ internal airflow channels for maximum ventilation
– Cam-lock™ Levers for easy strap adjustments
– Registered Graphics for stunning visual appeal
– Visor Plugs are provided for a clean look when visor is removed