We met for a fun night ride last wed in the woods.
We had a ton of fun and we learned a few things:
- Owls are really cool. We saw a small owl that we blinded with our lights. It landed just in front of us and sat there for a bit. This is an amazing animal.
- Test your lights BEFORE you go out on a group ride. Tony rode 15 miles with no light. It wasn’t too bad since he rode between 2 guys with H.I.D. lights.
- Roadies can MTB! We took out some roadies who rarely venture in the woods.
- Everyone loves Mexican food at 10pm after a night ride.
- Wet roots seem wetter in the dark. I am betting that Dr. Grass has some nice bruises thanks to muddy roots.
-Here is a really poor quality group shot.. We had 10 guys out for some fun.
Ben showing off his 118lb body on his 29er Haro Mary. Ben still eats like a fat kid.
Tony loves to ride in the dark with no lights. He found out after about .5 miles that his battery didn’t work after sitting for 4 years unused. This was a big surprise to no one.
Cliff and Larry prepare for some mud
Dr.Grass (pre-mudded). This was his 1st time out with the boys. He did great but took a few too many roots the wrong way. I think he was looking for bugs in the grass or something??